- Instantly interested in the cute puppy!
- Had happy conversations about food, flowers, and sightseeing spots in China.
- Enjoyed looking at nice family pictures as well as pictures of food and flowers.
- Every interaction with the companion is positive, happy, and full of warm feelings. The GeriJoy Helpers always find something nice or encouraging to say.
- The ability to show photos and have personalized conversations make playing with the virtual pet a fun and engaging experience.
- Seniors (and family members!) are instinctively attracted by the cute animal avatar and want to play and talk with it.
Things that could be improved
- This doesn’t completely replace having someone there in person, but is a good supplement to in-person care.
- Even though GeriJoy Helpers typically check on your older adult 4 times each hour, the audio and video feed isn’t always being actively watched. However, there are alerts to let Helpers know if there’s a loud sound or motion within camera view.
- GeriJoy Helpers can only observe what’s in the camera view or within hearing range. If there’s a problem, but it’s outside of hearing or seeing range, the Helpers won’t know to notify anyone.
The bottom line
- It’s great for older adults who need companionship and engaging conversation throughout the day.
- It gives family caregivers added peace of mind with daily logs and emails or phone calls if there are problems.
- It’s less expensive than hiring full-time in-home help.
Check out the full 5 part hands-on review, starting with Part 1: The GeriJoy Companion.